Hard to believe that May is already here, with summer hot on its heels. In just 20 days, Seniors from Grayson High will walk the stage for graduation, while other students will simply walk out of school and into a well-deserved vacation.
So…what’s been going on in Grayson and Gwinnett the past week? Here’s your Weekly TOP 10 to get you caught up on all the action.
- Georgia’s School Superintendent visited Trip Elementary School yesterday.
- You can also read about his visit in the Gwinnett Daily Post.
- Galactic Quest in Lawrenceville will give away 900 pounds of comic books on Free Comic Book Day (May 2nd).
- A judge orders the City of Snellville to pay $88,000 in legal fees for Mayor Kelly Kautz, according to the GDP.
- The GDP also has a great profile on Olympic swimmer and Brookwood graduate Amanda Weir.
- The Gwinnett Citizen shares some vital information about Kindergarten registration for Gwinnett County schools.
- The Citizen also shares a list of several GCPS students earning National Achievement Scholarships.
- Grayson Local’s Jennie Dittmar wrote a fantastic piece on the Gwinnett School of Music.
- And don’t miss Jennie’s follow-up on music teacher Kim Wright.
- Finally, here’s a great piece by the GDP on Shiloh High and UGA graduate David Pollack and his post-football career.
And since we missed last week’s Weekly TOP 10 thanks to Grayson Day preparations, here’s two bonus pieces you should be sure to check out: